Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Reji Mathews <co...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/05 22:25:43 UTC

Contributing new components to 2.24.x version // getting started

Hello team

I am  trying to develop some camel components to connect with huawei cloud
services and this would be my first contribution as a developer. Have
following questions

- Would like to start with developing to support the camel 2.24.x version
because we need that support for our existing products as of today. Future
plan is to gradually upgrade to the 3.x version. Wanna confirm if artifacts
can still be published?

- I don't see much pointers on
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.24.x/CONTRIBUTING.md about
starting any component from scratch. I assume the process is to start with
logging a JIRA followed by creating a PR from the forked branch of 2.24.x.
If otherwise, kindly suggest the process.

Regards
Reji

Re: Contributing new components to 2.24.x version // getting started

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Camel 2.x is not active anymore. We only do security patch releases of
the 2.25.x branch.
2.x will be EOL in summer 2021 or later.

We do not accept new components or other development on Camel 2.x.

You can always build a custom component on your own and use it with Camel 2.x.

--
Claus Ibsen