Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by James Anderson <ja...@finitestate.io> on 2020/06/24 12:47:23 UTC

CALCITE-4088

Hi Calcite developers,

I'm new to the Calcite project and have opened CALCITE-4088 based on a use
case of mine.  I'd appreciate any feedback on that issue, and also to have
my JIRA account (anderson.900) registered as a contributor so that it can
be assigned to me.

My plan is to make a very targeted change to use readValue*s* from
ObjectMapper and otherwise change as little as possible since I think this
code is probably going to be refactored/productionized in other ways due to
CALCITE-471 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-471>

Thank you very much!
James Anderson

Re: CALCITE-4088

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I think CALCITE-471 should have been marked 'fixed' a long time ago,
when we resolved https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-884.

I don't think we should add this functionality to the file adapter. No
new functionality in the demo adapter. I've explained my reasons in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4088. Let's continue the
conversation there.

Julian