Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Liren Ding <sk...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/04 17:33:53 UTC

Package org.apache.spark.annotation no longer exist in Spark 2.0?

I just upgrade from Spark 1.6.1 to 2.0, and got  an java compile error:
*error: cannot access DeveloperApi*
*  class file for org.apache.spark.annotation.DeveloperApi not found*

From the Spark 2.0 document (
https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.0.0/api/java/overview-summary.html), the
package org.apache.spark.annotation is removed. Does anyone know if it's
moved to another package? Or how to call developerAPI with absence of the
annotation? Thanks.

Cheers,
Liren

Re: Package org.apache.spark.annotation no longer exist in Spark 2.0?

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
No, they're just in a separate module now, called spark-tags

Posted by Jakob Odersky <ja...@odersky.com>.
It's still there on master. It is in the "spark-tags" module however
(under common/tags), maybe something changed in the build environment
and it isn't made available as a dependency to your project? What
happens if you include the module as a direct dependency?

--Jakob