Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Thiago Ghilardi <th...@purebros.com> on 2012/03/12 15:19:55 UTC

isMockEndpointsAndSkip feature

Hi guys,

I'm new with Camel and a little confused with a topic related to unit tests
(using camel-test module).

I've read that, during a test, I can skip real end-points (from Camel 2.10
onwards) by overwriting the method *isMockEndpointsAndSkip* (found
inside CamelTestSupport class).

The problem is that I'm not able to find the method
*isMockEndpointsAndSkip* inside
my application. I decided to test it because it seems very helpful to me in
order to test some aspects of my routes.

Following that camel's jars that I have added to my classpath:

   - camel-core: 2.8.0
   - camel-hazelcast: 2.8.0
   - camel-spring: 2.8.0
   - camel-test: 2.8.0

I didn't find a final explanation to my problem by myself, so I have some
questions for you:

1) Was this feature remove after camel version 2.1 ?

2) If not, how can I overwrite the *isMockEndpointsAndSkip* method ?

3) If so, is there another way to skip real end points during my tests ?

Att.

--
[image: pb_5_assinatura.jpg]

         Thiago Ghilardi
            thiago.ghilardi@purebros.com <an...@purebros.com>
 <an...@purebros.com>
            IT Development - Italy Team

           + 55 51 3076 4300

            www.purebros.com
            twitter.com/
<http://www.twitter.com/purebros>purebros<http://www.twitter.com/purebros>

---

LEGAL  ADVICE / AVISO LEGAL: http://purebros.com/legal.html

Re: isMockEndpointsAndSkip feature

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Ad 3)
You can do as the 1st example on this page
http://camel.apache.org/advicewith.html

The interceptSendToEndpoint supports the same patterns as the *
isMockEndpointsAndSkip.*
*
*
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Thiago Ghilardi <
thiago.ghilardi@purebros.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm new with Camel and a little confused with a topic related to unit
> tests (using camel-test module).
>
> I've read that, during a test, I can skip real end-points (from Camel 2.10
> onwards) by overwriting the method *isMockEndpointsAndSkip* (found
> inside CamelTestSupport class).
>
> The problem is that I'm not able to find the method *
> isMockEndpointsAndSkip* inside my application. I decided to test it
> because it seems very helpful to me in order to test some aspects of my
> routes.
>
> Following that camel's jars that I have added to my classpath:
>
>    - camel-core: 2.8.0
>    - camel-hazelcast: 2.8.0
>    - camel-spring: 2.8.0
>    - camel-test: 2.8.0
>
> I didn't find a final explanation to my problem by myself, so I have some
> questions for you:
>
> 1) Was this feature remove after camel version 2.1 ?
>
> 2) If not, how can I overwrite the *isMockEndpointsAndSkip* method ?
>
> 3) If so, is there another way to skip real end points during my tests ?
>
> Att.
>
> --
> [image: pb_5_assinatura.jpg]
>
>          Thiago Ghilardi
>             thiago.ghilardi@purebros.com <an...@purebros.com>
>  <an...@purebros.com>
>             IT Development - Italy Team
>
>            + 55 51 3076 4300
>
>             www.purebros.com
>             twitter.com/ <http://www.twitter.com/purebros>purebros<http://www.twitter.com/purebros>
>
>  ---
>
> LEGAL  ADVICE / AVISO LEGAL: http://purebros.com/legal.html

--
Claus Ibsen

Re: isMockEndpointsAndSkip feature

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Its the 10th Camel version, not the 1st.

So it will be part of the upcoming Camel 2.10 release (eg number ten).