Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Andy DePue <an...@marathon-man.com> on 2006/10/19 20:26:51 UTC

Move to Geronimo

I'm a lurker here, and not an actual user of OFBiz.  However, I noticed
that several months back OFBiz switched over to Geronimo for transaction
management (and XA pooling?).  How is this working out for OFBiz?  Is
Geronimo's transaction manager and xa pooling mature enough for
production?  We looked at using JOTM+XAPool, but the result is a
disaster.  XAPool especially has race conditions and other problems.
Now we are looking into Geronimo, and I'd like to get a feel for its
reliability.  Any info from real world experience with Geronimo's
transaction manager and xa pooling is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!