Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mohd Al Mahmood <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/04/05 18:24:47 UTC

Question about dynamic deployement of Web services

Hello.

I have a question that I need to post, and thus I guess I need to subscribe.

I am new to the AXIS world, but I am well familiar with Web Services.  I
have installed AXIS with Tomcat successfully, and I have run some examples
that were supplied with the AXIS documentation.

My question is, is there a tool or a program that enables me to dynamically
read a WSDL file of a certain service and generate the according SOAP
message as a request to use that service.  I guess that is the true aim of
Web Services, dynamic deployment of services.  If this task could not be
accomplished using AXIS, could please suggest other tools?

Thank you.

Yours;
Mohd Al Mahmood

Re: Question about dynamic deployement of Web services

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.
>My question is, is there a tool or a program that enables me to dynamically
>read a WSDL file of a certain service and generate the according SOAP
>message as a request to use that service.

You have two options. The easy thing is to use Axis' WSDL2Java tool to
statically generate .java files that you can then compile and use as a
client. This is well documented and is the main use of Axis as a client.

The other option is more dynamic, like you suggest. I've never done
this myself but maybe someone else on the list has sample code? Here
are the hints about it I've seen:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@xml.apache.org/msg17406.html
  http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.0/tutorial/doc/JAXRPC5.html