Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2013/12/06 01:26:50 UTC

Re: [OT] JNDI Realm and GSSAPI problems with TC 7

Mark Thomas wrote:

> It *should* work with those but it has only been tested with:
> - Windows domain controller
> - Windows client
> - Tomcat running on Windows Server
> - Tomcat running on Ubuntu Server

..
Ah ! To my knowledge, this is the first indication *ever* that this also works on
Unix/Linux Tomcat hosts.

The page at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html#Built-in_Tomcat_support
does not say this, and the language used strongly tends to suggest that it works under
Windows (as a Tomcat host), and never actually mentions any other OS.

Re: [OT] JNDI Realm and GSSAPI problems with TC 7

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
"André Warnier" <aw...@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>Mark Thomas wrote:
>

>> It *should* work with those but it has only been tested with:
>> - Windows domain controller
>> - Windows client
>> - Tomcat running on Windows Server
>> - Tomcat running on Ubuntu Server
>>
>..
>Ah ! To my knowledge, this is the first indication *ever* that this
>also works on
>Unix/Linux Tomcat hosts.
>
>The page at
>http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html#Built-in_Tomcat_support
>does not say this, and the language used strongly tends to suggest that
>it works under
>Windows (as a Tomcat host), and never actually mentions any other OS.

It has worked since the day the feature was added but I only found the time to test it to confirm it works this week. The docs were updated in svn a few days ago and will be included in the next 7.0.x and 8.0.x releases.

Mark