Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Charles Anthony <ch...@hpdsoftware.com> on 2003/09/24 14:47:59 UTC

CVS Build problems.

I've just done a clean CVS update.

If I do a bin\build.bat, I have two problems.

1) I need to stick with JDK13; the preprocessor flags in SQLTypeHelper are
incorrect. I'm afraid I don't understand *how* the pre-processor is supposed
to work - I'm guessing that if -JDBC30, it should comment out everything
between a //#ifdef JDB30 and //#endif. It doesn't seem to be doing this.
I've just manually commented out those sections, and it compiles. Thomas (or
someone), could you explain how the CodeSwitcher works, and how it should be
used.

2) target check-jdo-classes is not the depends of "main", and yet
org.apache.ojb.jdo depends upon the JDO classes, and is part of the main
source code. So, instead of getting a nice "go and get JDO.jar" message, I
get a load of compile fails.

Attached is the fixed build file.

Cheers,

Charles.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and are intended
solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient you must
not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this message
or its attachments. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender as soon as possible and delete it from your computer systems.
necessarily reflect those of HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.

 At present the integrity of email across the internet cannot be guaranteed
and messages sent via this medium are potentially at risk.  All liability
is excluded to the extent permitted by law for any claims arising as a re-
sult of the use of this medium to transmit information by or to
HPD Software Limited or its affiliates.

Re: CVS Build problems.

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Brian,

The dynamic proxy replacement actived by the preprocessor is for JDK1.2
only which did not have dynamic proxies.

But for JDK1.3 there are other preprocessor statements that deactivate
JDBC3.0 stuff.

I have no problem with replacing the old proxy stuff with a better
solution, but we should be careful not to remove the //#ifdef JDBC30
statements!

cheers,
Thomas

Re: CVS Build problems.

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Actually, now that I think about it... I might try using cglib to allow
dynamic proxies for classes instead of just interfaces, though how this
will work with extents I am not sure.

-Brian

Re: CVS Build problems.

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.

Re: CVS Build problems.

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Charles,

thanks for your patience ...

Charles Anthony wrote:
> I've just done a clean CVS update.
>
> If I do a bin\build.bat, I have two problems.
>
> 1) I need to stick with JDK13; the preprocessor flags in SQLTypeHelper are
> incorrect. I'm afraid I don't understand *how* the pre-processor is supposed
> to work - I'm guessing that if -JDBC30, it should comment out everything
> between a //#ifdef JDB30 and //#endif. It doesn't seem to be doing this.
> I've just manually commented out those sections, and it compiles. Thomas (or
> someone), could you explain how the CodeSwitcher works, and how it should be
> used.

some time ago i put it those //#ifdefs and checked that everything works
under JDK 1.3 and 1.2.
Unfortunately the preprocessor is quite stupid. I only recognizes these
statements if they start directly in the first positio of a line.
In the course of some reformatting of the code the //#ifdefs got
indented and the preprocessor does simply ignore them...

I've just fixed it in CVS and did a full JDK1.3 Junit run. everything
should be fine now (at least until the next code formatting...)

> 2) target check-jdo-classes is not the depends of "main", and yet
> org.apache.ojb.jdo depends upon the JDO classes, and is part of the main
> source code. So, instead of getting a nice "go and get JDO.jar" message, I
> get a load of compile fails.

fixed in CVS now!

thanks,
Thomas