Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Harrison Fortier <hf...@ultramain.com> on 2012/03/13 00:59:13 UTC

SVG not updating with changes I am making to DOM

Hello all,
I am making changes to the DOM and the SVG is not updating with these changes no matter what I try. I made a stackoverflow post with the details, including a short / simple / complete code sample which is ~100 lines of code.
I've gotten to the point where I've even tried ripping out the JSVGCanvas and instantiating a new one with the updated element... and that isn't even working (caching maybe?).
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm basically to the point where tomorrow I'm going to grab the batik source code and start debugging through it / hack it to _force_ the update if I can.
java version "1.6.0_17"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.3-b01, mixed mode)
Windows Server 2003 R2
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9674831/how-do-i-get-svg-with-batik-to-refresh-display-after-dom-has-changed
Regards,
-Harrison

________________________________
Ultramain Systems, Inc.
7500 Jefferson Street, N.E.
Courtyard II
Albuquerque, NM 87109
USA

TEL 505.828.9000
FAX 505.823.1841
www.ultramain.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email message and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this email is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by phone or email and destroy the original message without making a copy. Thank you.

Re: SVG not updating with changes I am making to DOM

Posted by hfortier <hf...@ultramain.com>.
Solved. Someone posted the solution in reply to my stackoverflow.com post. It
was a simple mistake on my part.

Re: SVG not updating with changes I am making to DOM

Posted by Martin J <ja...@gmail.com>.
Try

JSVGCanvas svg;
svg.setDocumentState(JSVGCanvas.ALWAYS_DYNAMIC);

before you start playing with the DOM

HTH
Martin