Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nicolas Richeton <ni...@smile.fr> on 2004/08/17 10:09:30 UTC

Slide and Excel

Hi,

I'm using slide with macos x build-in webdav client, and I have a problem with ms excel : when several users having read&write permissions open the same excel file at the same time, the first user gets the file in read/write mode (ok), but the second one can't open the file. Excel shows this error :

" The file may be read-only or you may be trying to access a read only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding "

It seems that excel wants to write something in the xls file each time a user opens a xls, because if all the users have only read access to the file, they all can open the file (read only).

Did anybody already have this problem and found a workaround ?
(excel settings, or something else ?)
I don't want users to make a local copy of the file each time they want to open it.

Thanks

--
Nicolas Richeton