Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Jeremy Karn <jk...@mortardata.com> on 2013/04/09 16:36:49 UTC

Avro support for streaming in Python

I'm looking to use Avro to send data back and forth between a Java process
and a Python process.  I was planning on just streaming the data across
standard input but it looks like Python doesn't support reading from a
stream (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-959). Is there a way
around this or an alternative approach I should take?

Jeremy Karn / Lead Developer
MORTAR DATA / 519 277 4391 / www.mortardata.com

Re: Avro support for streaming in Python

Posted by Jeremy Karn <jk...@mortardata.com>.
Thanks.  It looks like the RPC code uses HTTP to transport the messages
back and forth and from the code I only see a HTTPTransceiver.  Is there
support for sending messages directly over standard input/output?

Nice name. :)

Posted by Jeremy Kahn <tr...@trochee.net>.