Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pete Houston <ph...@openstrike.co.uk> on 2014/08/06 11:42:39 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Order of application of sites-enabled configs

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 02:20:26AM -0700, M Busche wrote:
> I notice that the default virtual host configuration file name is 000-default.conf.  I presume the convention of starting virtual host configuration file names with a three digit number governs the order in which the configurations are applied.  Can someone point me to the apache docs web page that explains this?

Yes, it's explained in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#include
which specifies (among other very useful information), "Shell-style
(fnmatch()) wildcard characters can be used in the filename or directory
parts of the path to include several files at once, in alphabetical
order."

HTH,

Pete
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 01722 770036 / 07092 020107