Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by yun peng <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/23 00:50:21 UTC

Issues on disabling compaction in HBase 0.94.2

Hi, I want to disable automatic compaction in HBase. Currently I used
following configurations in conf/hbase-site.xml
The problem is compaction does not really be disable. As write are issued
into HBase, it can be observed when there is a
flush to HFile, it will trigger a compaction. Do I miss anything from
following xml configurables.
Regards,
Yun

  <property>
    <name>hbase.hregion.max.filesize</name>
    <value>10737418240000</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compactionThreshold</name>
    <value>100</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles</name>
    <value>100</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.blockingWaitTime</name>
    <value>90000</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compaction.max</name>
    <value>100</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hregion.majorcompaction</name>
    <value>0</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compaction.min</name>
    <value>10000</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compaction.max</name>
    <value>10001</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>1</value>
  </property>

Re: Issues on disabling compaction in HBase 0.94.2

Posted by PG <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I have figured out the problem... The XML snippet in previous email works for HBase 092 but not for 094. By consulting HBase-default.xml, it can be done to disable all compact ions. Thanks all the same.
Regards,
Yun

Posted by ramkrishna vasudevan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yun,