Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch> on 2014/03/05 22:45:43 UTC

source doc to website

Hi Jake & co

Do you have any trick to integrate some readme's located within the source
tree?

Source file:                                                  Web Site URL:
test/README.md                                     thrift.apache.org/test
test/STATUS.md
thrift.apache.org/test/status
test/keys/README.md                          thrift.apache.org/test/keys
lib/<lang>/README.md                         thrift.apache.org/lib/<lang>
lib/<lang>/test/README.md               thrift.apache.org/lib/<lang>/test
lib/<lang>/examples/README.md   thrift.apache.org/lib/<lang>/examples
compiler/cpp/README                          thrift.apache.org/compiler
debian/README                                       thrift.apache.org/debian
contrib/<topic>/README                     thrift.apache.org/<topic>

Name consistency is another topic...
What about renaming all README files to README.md and start use markdown all
over?

Other stuff to integrate or align in some way:
./tutorial/README
./tutorial/erl/README
./tutorial/java/README
./tutorial/ocaml/README
./README

All the best!
-roger

Re: source doc to website

Posted by Randy Abernethy <ra...@gmail.com>.
I like the idea of README.md throughout. Would be nice to have a minimum
requirement (as a target) for the content of the lib/<lang>/READEME.md.