Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2007/12/05 18:16:40 UTC

Discussion in MNG-3311 (fleshing out plugin-level dependencies in the pom)

Hi everyone,

I wanted to invite you to weigh in on a new issue in JIRA that has
some implications on how Maven functions. The issue is here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3311

I'd like to get this sorted out one way or another, documented, and
put in place before the next 2.0.x release (should there be another
one), and definitely before 2.1-alpha-1...but I think we need as wide
a perspective on this issue as possible, including use cases
(hopefully in the form of test projects that should succeed after the
issue is resolved).

Thanks in advance for the attention.

-john

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven
mail: jdcasey at commonjava dot org
blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/john
rss: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ejlife/john

Re: Discussion in MNG-3311 (fleshing out plugin-level dependencies in the pom)

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Could the plugin dependencies not be specified in the pluginManagement
section in the same pom that has the dependencyManagement, thus when
the plugin is referenced, it will get the dependencies specified in
the parent pom