Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Pavlos Georgiadis <jp...@freemail.gr> on 2010/10/18 08:02:30 UTC

A trivial question

 Hello all,

I would like to get involved with the james project. I have already
spent some time reading the source code and trying to figure out how the
server works.

I was trying yesterday to import the project in my eclipse environment
and I got confused. I ended up saying to my self that I am doing
something wrong, there got to be a simpler and better way to do that. I
would like to ask some of you who might be using eclipse, so I wont
re-invent the wheel. What setup are you using on your eclipse for this
project?

I have limited knowledge about maven. But I noticed that the server
project is divided into several maven modules. How do you instruct
eclipse into which directories to look for source files in order to
generate it's build path? I tried using the Eclipse IAM plugin and I
didn't see such a feature. What pluging would you suggest?

--
Pavlos Georgiadis

Re: A trivial question

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Pavlos,

as Eric already helped you I will just say "Welcome" ;)

Bye,
Norman

Re: A trivial question

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Pavlos,

This temporary page may help you
http://people.apache.org/~eric/james/20100926/build_james.html

I will post this week new link for james 3 website review.

In the meantime, you can always give some feedbacks so we can adapt this
doc.

Tks,

Eric