Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Richard Emberson <re...@edgedynamics.com> on 2004/11/30 16:41:45 UTC

Re: slide and jboss

A couple of weeks ago I had to see if I could get Slide to work with
JBoss. Someone pointed me to the Slide/JBoss Wiki or I arrived at
the page by following links from the JBoss home page. At any rate,
I then created an ant task for creating the war file.
While the Slide war file worked in isolation, dropping our application's
ear file in afterwards did not work - there were classloader issues.
So, I added the Ant task to make a Slile ear and that was just right.

one needs an application.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC
   "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN"
   "http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd">

<application>
   <display-name>Slide</display-name>
   <module id="Slide_WAR">
      <web>
         <web-uri>slide.war</web-uri>
         <context-root>/foobarcompany/slide</context-root>
      </web>
   </module>
</application>

and the file META-INF/jboss-app.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE jboss-app
   PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD J2EE Application 1.3V2//EN"
   "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-app_3_2.dtd">
<jboss-app>
   <loader-repository>com.foobarcompany:loader=slide.ear</loader-repository>
</jboss-app>

Richard

Patrick van Kann wrote:
> I got it working with JBoss 3.2.5 by following the advice on the JBoss wiki:
>
> http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JakartaSlide
>
> I am not using the Slide authentication - I am using the JBoss RDBMS realm. This means that you either need to use the "auto-create-users" = true setting in Domain.xml or manually synchronise users in your Realm with the Slide users at /slide/users.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Patrick

may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.