Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by okrohne78 <ok...@kotosi.net> on 2009/03/27 17:34:29 UTC

AutoCompleteTextField does not get refreshed

Hi,

I use the AutoCompleteTextField to allow the users to enter tags and I have
two issues:

1)
After the user has pressed the key "enter" I want to display the entered tag
in a label
and reset the AutoCompleteTextField to allow further inputs.
So the AutoCompleteTextField should be cleared which I try by
setting a new empty String Model to AutoCompleteTextField :

	final WebMarkupContainer wrapper = new WebMarkupContainer("tagWrapper");
	wrapper.setOutputMarkupId(true);
        form.add(wrapper);

        wrapper.add(field);

        selectedTags = new Label("selectedTags", new Model<String>(""));
        wrapper.add(selectedTags);
        field.add(new AjaxFormSubmitBehavior(form, "onchange")
        {
            @Override
            protected void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target)
            {
            	IModel<String> tagModel = field.getModel();
            	String currentTags =
selectedTags.getDefaultModelObjectAsString();
            	currentTags = currentTags + " " + tagModel.getObject();
            	selectedTags.setDefaultModelObject(currentTags);
            	field.setModel(new Model<String>(""));
            	//field.clearInput();

            	target.addComponent(wrapper);
            }

        });

The selectedTags label gets rerendered and displays the tags but the
AutoCompleteTextField still
shows the last users input.
How can I clear it?

2)
Ideally I want to have the AutoCompleteTextField on a form with
other input components but pressing the key "enter" causes the form to
submit
and all validartors are triggered. Can I disable the form submit for the
AutoCompleteTextField component? I know I have to change the
AjaxFormSubmitBehavior to AjaxEventBehavior and use the "onchange" event.
But even then the form gets submitted.

Does anybody has a hint what I can do?

Thanks,
Oliver