Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/11/28 19:50:40 UTC

[general] creation of /common_resources

I'm working in jdktools, specifically integrating jpda, and it has a
cpp-task requirement.

I got sick of reaching out and up into classlib and drlvm, so I'm
playing with having a

   /common_resources

'subproject' that's peer to /classlib, /drlvm, etc.

Right now, I just hijacked the classlib fetch-depends system and am
using that, adding the cpp-task stuff.

This doesn't solve the problem for all of DRLVM, but I'd like to.  It's
just that now with 3 projects (classlib, drlvm, jdktools) that have
common deps, we should use it.

I'll use jdktools as the guinea pig to test this, but please think about
this.  It would be transparent for classlib (since it's the same
classlib structure, and can reduce the number of deps for DRLVM....

geir