Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Miklos Tverdota <tv...@axelero.hu> on 2005/09/15 11:50:54 UTC

Unexpected IO-Traffic local Data Writer needed

Hi,

I am supposed to do some performance test. Instead of this I do mainly
stability testing.

I have eight generator PCs. Each of then simulate 80 Users.
The number of simulated user is limited thought the IO capacity of the PC.
I start my PCs with the remote start. It is not possible log everything.
So I use have a probing client as well.

1) Unfortunately, I want to track every error even on the last
generators. That means I configured the View Result Tree in Log errors only.
I want to see each error on the console. If there are a new error, than
I have to stop the test.

2) I wanted to log the results of the last generators only locally. I
expected the simple data Writer would do this job.

My experience:

1) Even if I activated the errors, only the last generators send each
result to the controller.
This is bad! Jmeter waste IO capacity! ( I could use non GUI-Mode but in
this case I can’t observe the errors on the console. )

2) The Simple Data Write logs everything on my jmeter (controller). I
would prefer local logging on each last generator.
There is no need for a central logging. I would need instead of Simple
Data Writer <> local data writer.

Is there any chance to change these features?

Regards,

Miklos Tverdota