Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tim B <ap...@law.com> on 2002/01/27 11:08:38 UTC

Permissions and directories

Hi again,

 I have a question. I have am running 1.3.19
and Proftp. I have several users that when they
log into ftp they can go above the public_html
directory, they can go into the root as well.
They cannot change anything but can still see
it. How can I limit them on ftp to where they
cannot go above there public_html directory?

/home/anyname/public_html  I do not want them
to be able to ftp and see or have access to any
other dir then public_html

All thoughts appreciated.

Tim

Sent by Law  Mail

Re: Permissions and directories

Posted by Irmund Thum <it...@it97.dyn.dhs.org>.
Tim B wrote:

> Hi again,
>
>  I have a question. I have am running 1.3.19
> and Proftp. I have several users that when they
> log into ftp they can go above the public_html
> directory, they can go into the root as well.
> They cannot change anything but can still see
> it. How can I limit them on ftp to where they
> cannot go above there public_html directory?
>
> /home/anyname/public_html  I do not want them
> to be able to ftp and see or have access to any
> other dir then public_html
>
> All thoughts appreciated.

chroot - is like a jail -

but this is stuff for the proftpd discussion list

--
_ ___
|  |  Irmund    Thum
|  |