Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Gary Li <ya...@gmail.com> on 2021/03/13 12:32:28 UTC

[0.8.0 RELEASE] Codebase freeze for 0.8.0 release

Hi Everyone,

In order to make this release happen, we need to freeze the codebase soon.
If there are any PRs you would like to add to the release, please add a
Github release blocker tag or tag me @garyli1019 to do this. The targeting
date for the codebase freeze is Match 15th PST.

Thanks,
Gary Li

Re: [0.8.0 RELEASE] Codebase freeze for 0.8.0 release

Posted by Gary Li <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Status update about the release.

   - release-0.8.0 branch was created and the master branch was bumped to
   0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.
   - 0.9.0 JIRA version tag was created. Unfinished JIRA tickets were moved
   to 0.9.0.
   - We found a spark session leak in the hudi-utilities modules between
   functional tests and unit tests. We are working on fix this issue before
   publishing the rc1.

Thanks,
Gary Li

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Li <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.
Gary,

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Li <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Li <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Danny Chan <da...@apache.org>.
Hi, everyone ~

Posted by nishith agarwal <n3...@gmail.com>.
Gary/Siva,

Posted by Gary Li <ya...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sivabalan <n....@gmail.com>.
Gary,
     We are inching towards closure. We have 3 more PRs to be landed before
you can start cutting out the release. 1 is with me, 2nd one is with
nishith and 3rd is with you. Mine should be done by tonight and I hope
nishith's one as well. Will let you take up the charge on the last one.
Also, in general, I can help you in the release process if you have any
doubts in general.

Here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HUDI/Apache+Hudi+-+Release+Guide>
is the release guide. I will be fixing it later today relating to spark 3
bundles and get it proof read by other experts. Will keep you posted.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:48 AM Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, the pending release blockers are tagged here, with assignees.
>
> https://github.com/apache/hudi/labels/release-blockers
>

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 7:49 PM Danny Chan <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, a separate PR is more reasonable and that is what i'm doing now,
> > thanks for the feedback.
> >
> > Best,
> > Danny
> >
> > Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> 于2021年3月16日周二 下午11:02写道:
> >
> > > Hi Danny,
> > >
> > > We can start with the PR you currently have and iterate on the redesign
> > in
> > > a separate PR?
> > > That way we don't hold up the release due to large site redesign.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Vinoth

> > document
> > community
> > Flink

> > the
> > as

> yanjia.gary.li@gmail.com>

> > > codebase
> please
> The

-Sivabalan

Re: [0.8.0 RELEASE] Codebase freeze for 0.8.0 release

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Danny Chan <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi Danny,