Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Stephan Bauer <st...@gmx.com> on 2009/12/15 22:55:42 UTC

Accessing a Remote Weblogic EJB from an OpenEJB environment

Hi,

I am just wondering if anybody has ever had the same problem, that he
had to access a remote EJB deployed on a Weblogic (here 8.1.6) Server.
My problem is, that as soon as I put the evil weblogic.jar (which I need
for communicating with that remote EJB via the t3 protocol) into the
build path of my eclipse jee5 projects, then OpenEJB doesn't come up
anymore.
The problems seems to be, that there is a SAXParser in weblogic.jar that
comes into play when OpenEJB wants to read the persistence.xml from my
ejb/jpa module (see the cause of the stacktrace below).
Has anyone managed to get rid of that or an idea how it could be solved?

INFO - Found ClientModule in classpath:
C:\eclipse-workspaces\workspace-xxx\xxx-ejb\lib\weblogic.jar
INFO - Beginning load:
C:\eclipse-workspaces\workspace-xxx\xxx-ejb\lib\weblogic.jar
INFO - Configuring enterprise application: classpath.ear
ERROR - Unable to load Persistence Unit from EAR: classpath.ear, module:
/C:/eclipse-workspaces/workspace-xxx/xxx-ejb/build/classes/. Exception: null
javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.]
    at
javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:315)
    at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(UnmarshallerImpl.java:476)
    at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:198)
    at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:167)
    at
javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:120)
    at
javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:103)
    at
org.apache.openejb.jee.jpa.unit.JaxbPersistenceFactory.getPersistence(JaxbPersistenceFactory.java:69)
    at
org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.deploy(ReadDescriptors.java:103)
    at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory$Chain.deploy(ConfigurationFactory.java:247)
    at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureApplication(ConfigurationFactory.java:601)
    at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureApplication(ConfigurationFactory.java:551)
    at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.getOpenEjbConfiguration(ConfigurationFactory.java:380)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.getOpenEjbConfiguration(Assembler.java:299)
    at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.build(Assembler.java:278)
    at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB$Instance.<init>(OpenEJB.java:137)
    at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:286)
    at org.apache.openejb.OpenEJB.init(OpenEJB.java:265)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.openejb.loader.OpenEJBInstance.init(OpenEJBInstance.java:36)
    at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:71)
    at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.init(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:53)
    at
org.apache.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(LocalInitialContextFactory.java:42)
    at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
    at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
    at
com.bmw.sf.xxx.facade.AbstractOpenEJBLocalFacadeTestCase.setupInitialContext(AbstractOpenEJBLocalFacadeTestCase.java:59)
    at
com.bmw.sf.xxx.facade.AbstractOpenEJBLocalFacadeTestCase.setUp(AbstractOpenEJBLocalFacadeTestCase.java:23)
    at
    at
    at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
    at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:27)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:31)
    at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:73)
    at
org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:46)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:180)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:41)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:173)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:28)
    at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:31)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:220)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:46)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:467)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
    at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
    at
weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1189)
    at weblogic.xml.jaxp.WebLogicXMLReader.parse(WebLogicXMLReader.java:135)
    at weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryXMLReader.parse(RegistryXMLReader.java:152)
    at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:333)
    at
com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:194)
    ... 51 more

any help would be extremely appreciated...
Many thanks in advance,
Stephan

Re: Accessing a Remote Weblogic EJB from an OpenEJB environment

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 16, 2009, at 10:54 AM, Stephan Bauer wrote:

> Hi Jean-Louis,
>
> thanks! I tried this (with a simplified version of your regex) and
> now weblogic.jar is in fact no longer loaded as client app. But the
> problem is still there, because nevertheless weblogic.jar remains in
> the classpath and so the SAXParser still interferes. The cause of
> the exception now looks like this:
>
> Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.
>   at
> weblogic
> .apache
> .xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1189)
>   at
> weblogic.xml.jaxp.WebLogicXMLReader.parse(WebLogicXMLReader.java:135)
>   at
> weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryXMLReader.parse(RegistryXMLReader.java:152)
>   at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:333)
>   at
> com
> .sun
> .xml
> .bind
> .v2
> .runtime
> .unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:194)
>   ... 48 more
>
> The OpenEJB startup has shown the following lines so you can see
> that the regex has been applied:

> INFO - Using 'openejb.deployments.classpath.exclude=.*/weblogic.*'
> INFO - Using 'openejb.deployments.classpath.filter.descriptors=true'
> INFO - Inspecting classpath for applications: 48 urls. Consider
> adjusting your exclude/include.  Current settings:
> openejb.deployments.classpath.exclude='.*/weblogic.*',
> openejb.deployments.classpath.include=''
>
> I have already tried to start tailoring the weblogic.jar (removing
> the SAXParser) but this lead to other errors. I think I would need a
> way to define, that the OpenEJB XML Parsing classes come before the
> weblogic.jar in the classpath. Is there a way to achieve this? Or
> are there any other ideas?

Think I have an enhancement for classpath scanning which will fix
this.  Give this binary a try with the default settings and see if it
doesn't work better for you:

  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/openejb-standalone/3.1.3-SNAPSHOT/openejb-standalone-3.1.3-20100113.224305-3.tar.gz
  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/openejb-standalone/3.1.3-SNAPSHOT/openejb-standalone-3.1.3-20100113.224305-3.zip

New 3.1.3-SNAPSHOTS have been uploaded to:

  http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/

The enhancement is:

  OPENEJB-1130: Stricter ClientModule classpath discovery prevents
possible NameAlreadyBoundException
  [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1130 ]

-David

Re: Accessing a Remote Weblogic EJB from an OpenEJB environment

Posted by Stephan Bauer <st...@gmx.com>.
Hi Jean-Louis,

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Stephan,