Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Davis Ford <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/15 17:57:44 UTC

LocalJobRunner#getNewJobId()

Hi, I encountered an issue - described in this JIRA

http://www.mail-archive.com/hadoop-dev@lucene.apache.org/msg15260.html

It says this was fixed.  I svn co the trunk from last night, and still
I encounter the problem.

The problem seems to be line 275 in LocalJobRunner ->

  private int jobid = 0;
  public String getNewJobId() {
    return "job_local_" + Integer.toString(++jobid);
  }

When a job is submitted, and while not complete, another job is kicked
off, but it gets the same id.  If you make the jobid variable static
here, the problem goes away, but I am not familiar enough with the
rest of the code-base to know if that has any other side-effects.

Regards,
davis