Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/12/06 11:02:15 UTC

Re: [Submit] Rounding error with dependency checking in SouceFileScanner.java

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com> wrote:

> To my mind, the right model is as part of fileset. This is part of
> the selection process for deciding what a fileset contains, and
> shouldn't be an outside task's responsibility at all.

I was not thinking about the tasks that use filesets, but one that
creates filesets to be used by other tasks.  I guess we could make
fileset a task and then there is no difference at all.

> As for pluggable filters, I don't have a good feel for that. How do
> you foresee it working? With an attribute that defines a class to
> call that implements a standard interface? A <selectdef> at the
> project level?

See the other thread that came in later about generalized container
tasks.  Having something like <userselector classname="...."/> would
be a way consistent with mappers for example, but a more general
solution with a central registry is certainly the future goal.

> Perhaps something I could work on, then, if there is general
> agreement on the desirability of it.

I think there is general agreement, that we need a way to generate
sets of files based on criteria other than pattern matching.  Peter
wanted to put together a list of things that needed experimental work
IIRC.

Stefan

Re: [Submit] Rounding error with dependency checking in SouceFileScanner.java

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:02, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> I think there is general agreement, that we need a way to generate
> sets of files based on criteria other than pattern matching.  Peter
> wanted to put together a list of things that needed experimental work
> IIRC.
Almost done. Will try to finish it Saturday ... last weekend saw the washing
machine go kaput and my time along with it ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete