Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org> on 2001/01/25 19:49:12 UTC

Summary of things broken or missing from ESQL schema

type="EsqlFormattedColumnFunction" from esql:get-time and
esql:get-timestamp

type="EsqlColumnFunction" from all other esql:get-* elements (it has only
been added to get-string).

Everything about ancestors. Could probably go into EsqlColumnFunction.

skip-rows and max-rows (missing from schema)

get-column (something I've added to the spec)

We should document or remove get-column-label, as this has no correlation
in Perl (and no use in Java?).

esql:autocommit (missing from schema)

esql:get-update-count (missing from schema)

The following are both missing from the schema, and I think are badly
named, suggestions below:

esql:get-message -> esql:get-error-message

esql:to-string -> esql:get-error-string

Actually those two should probably be merged or better described - one
appears to be a Javaism.

esql:get-stacktrace (missing from schema)

esql:column (missing from schema - this throws a bit of a spanner in my
works!)

I think thats it. I won't be able to do a patch for at least a couple of
months now, sorry.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **
     \\//
     //\\
    //  \\

Re: Summary of things broken or missing from ESQL schema

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
you _rock_ my world. thanks, i'll try to get these added properly.

- donald