Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2015/09/20 09:38:01 UTC

visor-console compilation error

getting this weird error:

[INFO] --- scala-maven-plugin:3.2.0:compile (scala-compile-first) @ ignite-visor-console ---
[INFO] /bigtop/output/ignite-hadoop/ignite-hadoop-1.4/modules/visor-console/src/main/scala:-1: info: compiling
[INFO] Compiling 24 source files to /bigtop/output/ignite-hadoop/ignite-hadoop-1.4/modules/visor-console/target/classes at 1442734287054
[ERROR] error: File name too long
[ERROR] one error found

Clearly I shouldn't be surprised with any crap that Scala throws my way, but
yet - I didn't know that folks at TypeSafe are still live in 1983. Anyway,
anyone else observes the same?

Appreciate any input
  Cos

Re: visor-console compilation error

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Some research around has confirmed that this is indeed a scala problem: the
damn thing doesn't work properly with encrypted disks. Well, yet another
reason not to use that language until they find a way to write a decent
compiler. Looks like my original feeling that it is a tech from 1983 was right ;)

Cos

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.

--