Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2003/10/16 02:44:30 UTC

Board report due next week.

Does anyone have anything to add to this:

Maven 1.0 RC1 [2] was released 30 September. This was another quiet
release mostly fixing problems [3] with plugins and adding functionality
that allows the automated download and installation of plugins. There is
also a Windows installer available.
Maven plugins are now being released on their own cycle, and many have
moved into the maven-plugins cvs module. This has allowed critical
bugfixes and improvements to get to the users much more quickly.
We are now working on RC2 which will focus on some impressive performance
and memory usage improvements, as well as fixing the remaining known bugs.
The distributions of maven releases were consolidated from jakarta,
ibiblio and maven.apache.org and are all now available via the mirrors and
www.apache.org/dist/maven. All releases were pgp signed.
Brett Porter was voted as a new committer.
Our release schedule is available at
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10030&report=roadmap
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: Board report due next week.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

>Does anyone have anything to add to this:

I do - but it's not politically correct.

Stephen.

>Maven 1.0 RC1 [2] was released 30 September. This was another quiet
>release mostly fixing problems [3] with plugins and adding functionality
>that allows the automated download and installation of plugins. There is
>also a Windows installer available.
>Maven plugins are now being released on their own cycle, and many have
>moved into the maven-plugins cvs module. This has allowed critical
>bugfixes and improvements to get to the users much more quickly.
>We are now working on RC2 which will focus on some impressive performance
>and memory usage improvements, as well as fixing the remaining known bugs.
>The distributions of maven releases were consolidated from jakarta,
>ibiblio and maven.apache.org and are all now available via the mirrors and
>www.apache.org/dist/maven. All releases were pgp signed.
>Brett Porter was voted as a new committer.
>Our release schedule is available at
>http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10030&report=roadmap
>--
>dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting