Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by ananth <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/02 06:42:44 UTC

Kudu store operators

Hello All,

I was wondering if it would be worthwhile for the community to consider
support for Apache Kudu as a store ( as a contrib operator inside Apache
Malhar ) .

Here are some benefits I see:

 1. Kudu is just declared 1.0 and has just been declared production ready.
 2. Kudu as a store might a good a fit for many architectures in the
    years to come because of its capabilities to provide mutability of
    data ( unlike HDFS ) and optimized storage formats for scans.
 3. It seems to also withstand high-throughput write patterns which
    makes it a stable sink for Apex workflows which operate at very high
    volumes.

Here are some links

  *  From the recent Strata conference
    https://kudu.apache.org/2016/09/26/strata-nyc-kudu-talks.html
  * https://kudu.apache.org/overview.html

I can implement this operator if the community feels it is worth adding
it to our code base. If so, could someone please assign the JIRA to me.
I have created this JIRA to track this :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/APEXMALHAR-2278

Regards,

Ananth

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Mohit Jotwani <mo...@datatorrent.com>.
+1

Regards,
Mohit

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Chaitanya Chebolu <chaitanya@datatorrent.com

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Chaitanya Chebolu <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
+1

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Sanjay Pujare <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
+1

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Sandeep Deshmukh <sa...@datatorrent.com>.
+1

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Tushar Gosavi <tu...@datatorrent.com>.

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Chinmay Kolhatkar <ch...@datatorrent.com>.
+1.

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Amol Kekre <am...@datatorrent.com>.
Ananth,

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Munagala Ramanath <ra...@datatorrent.com>.
+1

Re: Kudu store operators

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
Hi Ananth,

It would be great to have support for Kudu. You could start by looking at
similar integrations like the Geode operators and storage agent for
reference.

Please also see the contribution guidelines:

http://apex.apache.org/contributing.html
http://apex.apache.org/malhar-contributing.html

Thanks,
Thomas