Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by cm...@collab.net on 2003/08/13 15:02:17 UTC

Re: problems with accented chars in url checkout

André Felipe Dias <an...@terra.com.br> writes:

> I've been using svn for a while and it seems great. I was using svn
> in standalone development but now, there is another fellow
> along. Since we are brazilians, we use several accented chars and
> they're probably causing some problems when one try to check out via
> a url a project which uses some files with accented chars such as
> "Licença de autorização.doc" or which contains some of those
> chars. It is shown a checksum error but this happens only when the
> checkout is done via url. When I use a file path, everything goes
> fine. Is there a known issue? Has anyone faced a similar problem?

Subversion support for these types of paths/URLs has been a roller
coaster ride.  If you could present a recipe that breaks the code
every time for you, someone will be glad to take a look at the
problem.  Or, if your repository is publicly accessible, we could just
try to do a checkout from it ourselves.

Re: Re: Re: problems with accented chars in url checkout

Posted by André Felipe Dias <an...@terra.com.br>.
It was the SP1 after all. All is fine now.

Thank you very much!

André

> close_file: expected and actual checksums do not match: (E:/Lixo/New
> Folder/EspecificaçãoListaTel.doc): expected checksum:
> 64bd1d4e2a98bf275255057ce8376124
> actual checksum: f0bb11632fe1452ae5ead165d16baad5
>
> On the other hand, if I checkout using a file path
> file:///F:/Desenvolvimento/svn/Projetos/Anuncio/trunk , there is no error.
> suppose there is some relation between the error and the accented chars,
but
> I'm not sure.

Wait, did you say the server is running on XP?  If so, is it the
latest service pack 1?  See this FAQ:

  http://subversion.tigris.org/project_faq.html#windows-xp-server

That checksum error makes me think of this problem.

---

Re: problems with accented chars in url checkout

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Posted by André Felipe Dias <an...@terra.com.br>.
Thanks for your attention. Unfortunately, the repository is not publicly
available. But, I'll try to expose the problem with more detail

First, I use the TortoiseSVN Checkout:

URL of repository: http://xxx.xxx.x.x/svn/Projetos/Anuncio/trunk
Checkout directory: e:\Lixo\New Folder
Head Revision

It opens a SVN Checkout...
Add E:/Lixo/New Folder/Especificação e Documentos

and there is shown a error message?

close_file: expected and actual checksums do not match: (E:/Lixo/New
Folder/EspecificaçãoListaTel.doc): expected checksum:
64bd1d4e2a98bf275255057ce8376124
actual checksum: f0bb11632fe1452ae5ead165d16baad5

On the other hand, if I checkout using a file path
file:///F:/Desenvolvimento/svn/Projetos/Anuncio/trunk , there is no error. I
suppose there is some relation between the error and the accented chars, but
I'm not sure.

I hope this additional information helps to clarify.

André