Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/10/31 13:41:14 UTC

[FALCON] Advanced Telemetry

Hi,

While working on the AdvancedTelemerty option, I noticed that in the default compiler a simple boolean used to control if the feature is enabled or not. But when reading the spec (http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/swf/pdf/swf-file-format-spec.pdf (Page 220)) actually the presence of the tag enables the feature and if a password hash is provided, the advanced-telemetry access is password protected. Using a simple boolean prevents us from using the pretty neat password protection feature.

But having a look at the EnableDebugger2Tag this too supports a password according to the spec, but in the compiler the password is set to the constant value of "NO-PASSWORD". Searching for this brings me to SimpleMovie.java which contains a remark:

/**
* MD5 password is no longer needed for Flash Player.
* Use this dummy password instead of generating one.
* @see http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-27210
*/
//private static final String NO_PASSWORD = "NO-PASSWORD";

So are passwords for debug access no longer possible and the "NO-PASSWORD" is simply output as the password parameter of the tag is not optional in the Spec and the flash and air runtime simply ignore it? Does the EnableTelemetry still support passwords does the same apply here and I should simply stick to generally omitting the optional password argument?

Unfortunately the bugs.adobe.com server seems to be offline so I can't check what the issue was.

Chris

AW: [FALCON] Advanced Telemetry

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... so I just committed support for the "advanced-telemetry" command line option to falcon. Tested everything with scout and it seems to be working nicely.

I defaulted to using the no-password option for this. All my changes are located in the feature/flexmojos-tests.

It would be cool if you compiler gurus could have a look at the changes and verify them before cherry picking the changes back to develop.

Chris