Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt> on 2010/12/13 13:09:22 UTC

Message and connection ID

Hi,

There is any way to associate a message with the connection ID used to
publish it?

Than you,
Bruno Matos

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Message and connection ID

Posted by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt>.
On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 13:18 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 12/15/2010 01:07 PM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> > The connection ID can be
> > something generated in broker side, a hash a sequence number generator
> > or something like that.
>
> Out of curiosity, how would that be used?

:)

Would be used as a token, to identify the pair (user,session) to ensure
that every reply is written for the right place and to store user
history in a database.

I was thinking having an handle for each connection request, give it an
ID, store that in a hashtable or something similar and, for each
incoming message, write the ID in message's application headers.

Regards,

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt>.
On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 13:00 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 12/14/2010 09:41 AM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 12:09 +0000, Bruno Matos wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> There is any way to associate a message with the connection ID used to
> >> publish it?
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for the leak of information.
> >
> > What I need is to add the connection ID to every message that arrives.
> > Can I do that with a plugin?
>
> No, we don't really have proper plugin APIs for this sort of thing. Were
> you thinking of a client or broker side plugin? What is the connection
> ID - the ip and port its connecting from?

I was thinking in a broker side plugin. The connection ID can be
something generated in broker side, a hash a sequence number generator
or something like that.

Thank you,

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Bruno Matos <br...@paradigmaxis.pt>.