Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brad Hill <br...@yahoo.com> on 2013/03/22 10:31:29 UTC

solr 4.1 replcation whole indexs files from leader

Hi,
 I use solrcloud 4.1.
 I start up two solr nodes A and B and then created a new collection using CoreAdmin to A using one shard, so Node A is leader.
 Then I index some docs to it. Then I created the same collection using CoreAdmin to B to become a replica. I found that solr will sync all index files from A to B.
 Under B's data dir, I have: index.20130318083415358 folder which has all the synced index files, index.properties, replication.properties and tlog folder(empty inside).
 Then I removed the collection from node B using CoreAdmin UNLOAD, I keep all files in B's data dir, I didn't delete them.
 Then I create the same collection from B again. I found that solr will sync files from A to B AGAIN!!!
 And there is another folder index.20130318084514166 been created under B's data folder.
 Actually I didn't index any docs to A after I UNLOAD collection on B.
 So I wonder how to let solr know that B already has the correct index files and not to do the sync again?

Re: solr 4.1 replcation whole indexs files from leader

Posted by adityab <ad...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
there were couple of major issues with replication in 4.1, we experienced
the same and were suggested to move to 4.2 which has fix for this. I suggest
you upgrade to 4.2