Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jeff Sheffield <js...@buzzard.kdi.com> on 2000/12/18 23:54:06 UTC

Unset PerlAuthenHandler (I wish)

Ok, essentially I want all but one directory on the
server to be password protected.
I want 1 directory to have the "I forgot my password"
functionality.

I am using Mason.....
and setting SetHandler default-handler has undesired results.
i.e. mason files do not get parsed.
Essentially I want to do this.
Unset PerlAuthenHandler

here is a portion of my conf file.
AddType text/html .mhtm
<FilesMatch     ".*\.mhtm$">
		SetHandler      perl-script
		PerlHandler     HTML::Mason
</FilesMatch>

<Location /websites/foo.net/htdocs/>

AuthName "foo"
AuthType Basic

PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authz

PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_data_source
dbi:mysql:database=foo_external_site;host=localhost;port=3306
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username      jsheffie
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password      fooo
# DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $password)

PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table     users
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_uid_field     user_id
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field     password
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_grp_field     groups
#SELECT pwd_field FROM pwd_table WHERE uid_field=$user

require valid-user

ErrorDocument 401
/websites/foo.net/htdocs/passwd_forgoten/
</Location>

<Location /websites/foo.net/htdocs/passwd_forgoten/>
   SetHandler default-handler
</Location>
Any ideas..??

Thanks,
Jeff

| 7.6.2.1.  Configuring /etc/diphosts     |
| (taken from the Linux Networking-HOWTO) |
| Jeff Sheffield                          |
| jeff@jspot.org                          |
| AIM=JeffShef                            |

Re: Unset PerlAuthenHandler (I wish)

Posted by darren chamberlain <da...@boston.com>.
Jeff Sheffield (jsheffie@buzzard.kdi.com) said something to this effect on 12/18/2000:
> here is a portion of my conf file.
> <Location /websites/foo.net/htdocs/>
>
> AuthName "foo"
> AuthType Basic

*snip*

Are you sure you want a <Location> here? This looks like it should be a
<Directory> section...

(darren)

--
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that
cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong

Re: Unset PerlAuthenHandler (I wish)

Posted by Jim Winstead <ji...@trainedmonkey.com>.
On Dec 18, Jeff Sheffield wrote:
> Ok, essentially I want all but one directory on the
> server to be password protected.
> I want 1 directory to have the "I forgot my password"
> functionality.
>
> I am using Mason.....
> and setting SetHandler default-handler has undesired results.
> i.e. mason files do not get parsed.
> Essentially I want to do this.
> Unset PerlAuthenHandler

well, not really, because that would still fail, since you "require
valid-user".

you can do it with this:

<Location /websites/foo.net/htdocs/passwd_forgoten/>
  order allow,deny
  allow from all
  satisfy any
</Location>

check the apache docs (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/) for
more on 'require' and 'satisfy'.

jim

RE: Unset PerlAuthenHandler (I wish)

Posted by Christian Gilmore <cg...@tivoli.com>.
Jeff,

The directory you want unprotected should be as follows:

<Location /unprotected>
PerlAuthHandler	Apache::OK
PerlAuthzHandler	Apache::OK
</Location>