Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Bade Iriabho <eb...@mathbiol.org> on 2011/05/05 18:30:58 UTC

Installing CouchDB on CentOS 5.6

I am having some issues with installing CouchDB on CentOS 5.6, can someone
please tell me what repositories or files/dependencies, I should have before
I install CouchDB 1.0.2. The EPEL repository only has version 0.11. Also is
there a good tutorial on this somewhere on the web other tha the Couch Wiki?

Regards,
Bade I.

Re: Installing CouchDB on CentOS 5.6

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
I just updated the documentation. I am pretty sure the EPEL repos and
the ruby versions are not necessary anymore because all the Build
CouchDB code has been made backward-compatible.

Anyway, glad to hear it works; good luck!

--
Iris Couch

Re: Installing CouchDB on CentOS 5.6

Posted by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jason,

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.

--
Iris Couch

Re: Installing CouchDB on CentOS 5.6

Posted by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dave,

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <da...@muse.net.nz>.

Posted by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bade Iriabho <eb...@mathbiol.org>.

Posted by Pasi Eronen <pe...@iki.fi>.
Probably the easiest way is to compile CouchDB yourself.

There's a build-couchdb script at https://github.com/couchone/build-couchdb,

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com>.

--
Mark Hahn