Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by masterov <al...@us.icap.com> on 2007/01/08 19:32:02 UTC

C++ client on Solaris

Does anyone have any positive experience writing an ActiveMQ client on C++
that sends and receives messages.  If so - could you please answer the
following questions:

1. Which library, and which version of that library did you use to connect
to ActiveMQ?
2. Was it working as you expected (i.e. fast, all options, message types,
etc. supported)
3. How does it compare to TIBCO-RV or any other message bus that you've
used.

thanks a bunch,
AM

> uname -a
SunOS dev-svr 5.8 Generic_117350-43 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

Re: C++ client on Solaris

Posted by masterov <al...@us.icap.com>.
Hello Albert,

Albert Strasheim-2 wrote:

> been using the ActiveMQ C++ library on Windows and Linux for the past two
> months with great success. You probably want to use the code from SVN
> trunk
> instead of the last stable release -- quite a number of issues have been
> fixed.

thanks for your reply.
I was able to successfully compile the library on Solaris from SVN trunk,
but even the example that is provided with the library doesn't work
correctly.  When using topics the producer thread sends 10 messages but the
consumer only receives 7. Also It gives me error when I change the broker
URL to something other than localhost:61613 (i run broker on a different
machine)  Can you describe your setup a little bit in terms of where the
brokers are running, and if there are any specific configuration that you
need to give them.

Thanks,
AM

RE: C++ client on Solaris

Posted by masterov <al...@us.icap.com>.
ok, i will try to build and run 1.0 now.

RE: C++ client on Solaris

Posted by masterov <al...@us.icap.com>.
Hey,

tabish121 wrote:

> We don't do a lot with Solaris, so all we have done is run Unit and
> Integration tests on a Solaris 10 box.

I was able to compile and run the trunk version on Solaris with using g++
(GCC) 4.1.1.

Re: C++ client on Solaris

Posted by Albert Strasheim <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hello all