Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org> on 2019/02/02 21:11:54 UTC

Re: Podling Report Reminder - February 2019

Hi guys,

I submitted the following report:

<snip>
Tamaya

Tamaya is a highly flexible configuration solution based on an modular,
extensible and injectable key/value based design, which should provide a
minimal but extendible modern and functional API leveraging SE, ME and EE
environments.

Tamaya has been incubating since 2014-11-14.

  1. Grow the PPMC from the existing community.
  2. Make another Release
  3. Blog about Tamaya

aware of?

  * We'd like to graduate soon.

  * elected 2 new committers and onboarded them
  * discussions/we benefited from the Gitbox migration as it makes
contribution much easier

  * frequent bugreports and discussions via Jira/mailing list
  * new external contributions (code improvements, Jira issues, OSGi
bugfixes)
  * homepage overhaul

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [ ] Working towards first release
  [X] Community building
  [X] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

   2017-05-28 0.3-incubating

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

* 2018-12: Aaron Coburn
* 2018-12: William Lieurance

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
that need to be addressed.

  * As the project needs a wider audience, maybe mentors with interest
in Tamaya would be welcome.
</snip>

Cheers,
Phil

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi Davem

thanks for your feedback, that I put into:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAMAYA-382

Cheers,
Phil

Re: Podling Report Reminder - February 2019

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -

> On Apr 29, 2019, at 12:35 PM, P. Ottlinger <po...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> thanks for your feedback - can you verify that all your points are
> solved with the latest homepage changes via
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAMAYA-382
>
> https://tamaya.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Phil
>
> Am 05.02.19 um 01:17 schrieb Dave Fisher:
>> Hi -
>>
>> I'm your shepherd for this reporting cycle and I noticed a couple of items on your website that need to be addressed.
>>
>> (1) The download page and archives need to follow release distribution policy at https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#download-links
>> (a) The current release needs to point to the mirrors. Follow the link from the policy or take a look at httpd.apache.org.

I’m not seeing how to retrieve the KEYS and the signatures from the download page. These files are only retrieved from www.apache.org/dist/…

The download page goes to the root of the list area and not to the 0.3 release. You have several different artifacts.

See http://incubator.apache.org/clutch/tamaya.html for links - there will be appropriate ones for each artifact.

>> (b) Old releases need to be removed from the main dist area and instead you need to reference the archives,

You still have 0.1 and 0.2 releases.

>> (2) The links to the mailing lists look like the anchor is missing or incorrect.

I see links to mailing list subscriptions and sending, but nothing to the archives. See the clutch page for some example links.

On https://tamaya.incubator.apache.org/development/community.html

It is not usual to require an ICLA to be a contributor. SGA is only required to contribute existing code in certain situations. This really is not appropriate here.

Please reach out to your mentors.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.