Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gman <li...@lvcm.com> on 2002/12/09 03:55:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Question

I have PHP installed and recognized in Apache, i create a file called
test.php and it is in the Apache/htdocs folder but for some reason Apache
can't see it or find it. I keep getting the error "page cannot be be found.
I have checked and rechecked the file and it is where i said. Any ideas why
it is not being displayed?

"Gman": The Local Trouble Maker
Owner: The Edge Internet Radio

Re: [users@httpd] Question

Posted by Carl BĂ©langer <ca...@wave-hosting.net>.
Gman wrote:

>I have PHP installed and recognized in Apache, i create a file called
>test.php and it is in the Apache/htdocs folder but for some reason Apache
>can't see it or find it. I keep getting the error "page cannot be be found.

A 404 error means that the server can't find the page you requested...
 ie if your DocumentRoot is at /usr/local/apache/htdocs and if you've
put the test.php in there (/usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php), you
should request it at this url: http://your.domain/test.php.

>I have checked and rechecked the file and it is where i said. Any ideas why
>it is not being displayed?

I'm pretty sure it's something about your DocumentRoot...  Pay attention
too if you've set some specific virtual host...  Maybe your not using
the good domain to access your file.

It's not a problem with php.  If apache wasn't configured to process
them, you would see the code, not a 404.  If you still can't find how to
fix that, I suggest you post your httpd.conf and the url you're trying
to access the file.

-Carl