Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "maros.urbanec" <ma...@nokia.com> on 2019/04/01 07:38:18 UTC

Documentation gaps on Ignite filesytem

Hi all, a set of questions apropos Ignite filesystem.Reading the
documentation, it's not immediately clear whether IGFS caching HDFS is an
option or a must. In other words - *can IGFS be deployed without Hadoop or
any other secondary file stores*; simply storing its files in an Ignite
cache?I've tried to run /examples/config/filesystem/ from Ignite
distribution to no avail, Ignite Java client always claims /"IGFS is not
configured: igfs"/ (running on Windows). Last, but not least - IGFS has no
corresponding C++ API. There's some recurring talk on this mailing list
about mounting IGFS as a userspace filesystem. Is this integration
stipulated in Ignite's roadmap?

Re: Documentation gaps on Ignite filesytem

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

"*can IGFS be deployed without Hadoop or any other secondary file stores*"
I guess the answer is 'yes'.

"I've tried to run *examples/config/filesystem* from Ignite distribution to
no avail" Strange, I'm able to run
% bin/ignite.sh examples/config/filesystem/example-igfs.xml
[18:20:32] Ignite node started OK (id=6ecc98b9)
[18:20:32] Topology snapshot [ver=1, locNode=6ecc98b9, servers=1,
clients=0, state=ACTIVE, CPUs=8, offheap=6.3GB, heap=1.0GB]

And then IGFS is there, I can put files and stuff.

Ilya Kasnacheev