Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Randy Harmon <rj...@fortheweb.com> on 2002/08/09 01:03:32 UTC

Apache::DProf not working

I'm having trouble making Apache::DProf work.

I've installed the module with CPAN, and I've added PerlModule Apache::DProf
at the top of my httpd.conf.  I've verified with 'httpd -l' that
PerlChildInitHandler is OK - therefore, pushing a child-init handler should
be OK, right?

I've started the server, ran the web page I want to profile (that uses
HTML::Mason), and then stopped the server.

ServerRoot/dprof is not created, nor when I create it does it create
dprof/$$ files as documented (likewise ServerRoot/logs/dprof/, as described
elsewhere in the perldoc - not self-consistent).  Also searched the entire
system for tmon.out files (not found).

Any suggestions?

Randy

Re: Apache::DProf not working

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Randy Harmon wrote:
> I'm having trouble making Apache::DProf work.
>
> I've installed the module with CPAN, and I've added PerlModule Apache::DProf
> at the top of my httpd.conf.  I've verified with 'httpd -l' that
> PerlChildInitHandler is OK - therefore, pushing a child-init handler should
> be OK, right?
>
> I've started the server, ran the web page I want to profile (that uses
> HTML::Mason), and then stopped the server.
>
> ServerRoot/dprof is not created, nor when I create it does it create
> dprof/$$ files as documented (likewise ServerRoot/logs/dprof/, as described
> elsewhere in the perldoc - not self-consistent).  Also searched the entire
> system for tmon.out files (not found).
>
> Any suggestions?

Permission problems?