Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Harald Falkenberg <ha...@desy.de> on 2005/01/25 20:13:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Loadbalancing setup best practice (including: vh and https)

Hallo,

I like to use a loadbalancer to handle on one hand the load on our systems
and on the other machine unavailibilities. The web server itself are
configured to for use of ip-based virtual hosts as well as named virtual
host. Furthermore https is also used for some of them.

Is there somewhere a general introduction and overview availiable how to
setup loadbalanced web servers?

Any help and hints or experience reports are welcome.

Thanks in advance
	Harald

Re: [users@httpd] Loadbalancing setup best practice (including: vh and https)

Posted by Christopher Davis <cl...@speakeasy.net>.
Harald:
Harald Falkenberg wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I like to use a loadbalancer to handle on one hand the load on our systems
> and on the other machine unavailibilities. The web server itself are
> configured to for use of ip-based virtual hosts as well as named virtual
> host. Furthermore https is also used for some of them.
>
> Is there somewhere a general introduction and overview availiable how to
> setup loadbalanced web servers?
most definately if you are on linux -- check out
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ and http://www.lartc.org

~Regards
Chris