Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Griffin <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/07 21:41:17 UTC

Extended textarea component

Hi all,

I`m looking for the component that helps creating forms  that handle
things such as message board posts, blog comments and such alike. So
basically, a textarea with buttons that insert different tags: bold,
italic, image links etc. Is there anything similar out there?

Thanks

Re: Extended textarea component

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:41:17 -0300, Dan Griffin <da...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi!

> I`m looking for the component that helps creating forms  that handle
> things such as message board posts, blog comments and such alike. So
> basically, a textarea with buttons that insert different tags: bold,
> italic, image links etc. Is there anything similar out there?

What you're asking is basically some JavaScript WYSISYG rich text editor
already bundled in a Tapestry component.
http://kenai.com/projects/t5-easy-fckeditor is just about providing an
FCKEditor as a component. Chenille Kit has one FCKEditor component too.

It shouldn't be hard to create another component using other JS rich text
editors like TinyMCE if you don't link FCK.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor