Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/16 14:40:46 UTC

[VOTE] Add Dependabot to Drill

Hello all,
I'd like to propose adding Dependabot to our commit process.  If you aren't familiar with Dependabot, it scans dependencies and alerts you to dependencies that have vulnerabilities.  I ran dependabot on Drill's source, and found several rather serious CVEs associated with dependencies, hence the PRs to update Guava, JUnit, and a few others.

I know that these automated code quality tests aren't always the best in terms of producing false positives, but I do think it is in general a good thing to at least be aware of these kinds of issues so that we can resolve them if they are deemed worthy.

So... I'd like to call a vote.  Would you like to add dependabot to Drill's github repo?  Please vote yes or no by Thursday.

Thanks and Keep on Drilling!
-- C

Re: [VOTE] Add Dependabot to Drill

Posted by luoc <lu...@apache.org>.