Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Jones <lo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/26 17:05:52 UTC

[users@httpd] php and mysql

i am tring to set up invision board on my server and need a little help i
need to install  MY SQL and PHP
and ...well....lol i donot know how to install them i have read all info i
can find but.....no luck
if any one is willing to help please e-mail me
here is my set up
win2k pro
apache 2.0.45
installed to the default dir
SQL is installed to c:/mysql
php is installed to c:/php
but when i installed php and clicked to config for Apache i get an error
that i need to config ISS via contorl consol by hand
thanks
         David Jones

Re: [users@httpd] php and mysql

Posted by Thomas Strike <st...@pacbell.net>.
The place to start is with a good book. Sams publishers has a good book on
this subject, including installation of all three. The title is "Sams Teach
yourself  PHP, MySQL, & Apache".  I picked up my copy at Borders Book Store.
There are others available on this subject also.  If you have a Borders near
by, spend a couple of hours there reviewing all you can find on this
subject.

Lots of Luck,
Tom S.

RE: [users@httpd] php and mysql

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
1. Add the following lines into your httpd.conf file:

LoadModule php4_module C:/php/php4apache2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php .htm .php3 .inc

2. copy the file that is located in the c:\php\sapi\php4apache2.dll to
c:\php\php4apache2.dll

3. copy the file c:\php\php.ini-dist as to c:\winnt\php.ini and edit the
values you need.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen