Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Cox, Brian (GE Infra, Energy)" <br...@ge.com> on 2007/05/15 13:34:35 UTC

[Axis2] Axis2 RPC/Literal Problem

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem with a RPC/literal WSDL's client when using Axis2 communicating with Axis.  The WSDL's generated code is compilable and seems to function correctly when the server and client are both Axis2.  The problem is realized when communicating between an Axis2 Client and an Axis Server, which is the production environment.  >From what I have read, I believe Axis2 does the next best thing to RPC/literal by creating a wrapped doc/literal client/service.  I captured the client request message which seems to be properly formatted, however, it seems that the wrapping method is not applied to the request message in this case.  It was found that when the request message includes the wrapping method through hand editing, the message is processed with no problem.  I believe this to be an Axis2 code generation problem?

The code was generated using the options:

wsdl2java.sh -uri publishTest.wsdl -d xmlbeans -o . -p geh.webservices

I am not sure if this is relevant, however, the WSDL makes use of an imported xsd.  I have reviewed messages in this and the user mail list as well as the open JIRA issues but didn't see anything.  I am curious if anyone else has seen this issue?

I have attached the WSDL, XSD, and request message.

Thanks for the help.

Brian

 <<Test - Request Message.txt>>  <<publishTest.wsdl>>  <<Test.xsd>>

Re: [Axis2] Axis2 RPC/Literal Problem

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
What is the Axis2 version you use?
in your wsdl you have element attributes for message parts

<wsdl:message name="publishTestRequest">
<wsdl:part name="request" element="typeIn:Test"/>
</wsdl:message>
−
    <wsdl:message name="publishTestResponse">
<wsdl:part name="response" element="typeOut:eventsReceived"/>
</wsdl:message>
−
    <wsdl:message name="publishTestServiceFault">
<wsdl:part name="serviceFault" element="typeOut:serviceDescription"/>
</wsdl:message>
−
    <wsdl:message name="publishTestDataFault">
<wsdl:part name="dataFault" element="typeOut:dataDescription"/>
</wsdl:message>

According to the wsdl basic profile this is wrong. Rpc type operation
messages should have type attribute.
if you working with Axis2 1.2 it should give you the correct exceptions

On 5/15/07, Cox, Brian (GE Infra, Energy) <br...@ge.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I seem to be having a problem with a RPC/literal WSDL's client when using
> Axis2 communicating with Axis.  The WSDL's generated code is compilable and
> seems to function correctly when the server and client are both Axis2.  The
> problem is realized when communicating between an Axis2 Client and an Axis
> Server, which is the production environment.  From what I have read, I
> believe Axis2 does the next best thing to RPC/literal by creating a wrapped
> doc/literal client/service.  I captured the client request message which
> seems to be properly formatted, however, it seems that the wrapping method
> is not applied to the request message in this case.  It was found that when
> the request message includes the wrapping method through hand editing, the
> message is processed with no problem.  I believe this to be an Axis2 code
> generation problem?
>
> The code was generated using the options:
>
> wsdl2java.sh -uri publishTest.wsdl -d xmlbeans -o . -p geh.webservices
>
> I am not sure if this is relevant, however, the WSDL makes use of an
> imported xsd.  I have reviewed messages in this and the user mail list as
> well as the open JIRA issues but didn't see anything.  I am curious if
> anyone else has seen this issue?
>
> I have attached the WSDL, XSD, and request message.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Brian
>

> <<Test - Request Message.txt>>  <<publishTest.wsdl>>  <<Test.xsd>>

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.