Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Twadell, Daniel M" <Da...@jbosc.ksc.nasa.gov> on 2003/08/13 16:04:30 UTC

JNDIRealm User bind context available in the Servile Context?

In a servlet I would like to access the same JNDIRealm directory server
context that is used during BASIC authentication. Is it possible to
configure the jndirealm as a resource link for the servlet context?

I *can* make an Application  "super user" to establish a DirContext , but
wanted to use the same bind as the user/credentials.

from the class org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm

I am trying to avoid using FORM authentication...

And am trying to avoid writing my own org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm
class

And trying to avoid putting clear text passwords in code or config files...

Any help appreciated

tia

dant