Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org> on 2005/05/31 09:56:08 UTC

M3 branch synchronisation ?

Can anyone tell me if the M3 branch has been merged back to the
HEAD repository ?

I have some commits to make but would not want to make merging more
complicated so I'll hold off until merging is done.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/

Re: M3 branch synchronisation ?

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Raphaël Luta wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if the M3 branch has been merged back to the
> HEAD repository ?
>
> I have some commits to make but would not want to make merging more
> complicated so I'll hold off until merging is done.

Yes. All the changes I made to the M3 preparation branch I also made to
the head as well (and nobody else made changes to the branch).
So go ahead.

Note: The head is already configured now for M4-SNAPSHOT.

Re: M3 branch synchronisation ?

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.
El mar, 31-05-2005 a las 14:11 +0200, Raphaël Luta escribió:
> Santiago Gala wrote:
> > El mar, 31-05-2005 a las 02:20 -0600, Randy Watler escribió:
> >
> >>Raphael,
> >>
> >>I am almost certain that the branch has been abandoned and the M3
> >>release was done against HEAD.
> >>
> >>Randy

> > If you send a Heads UP after the merge, we can proceed with the
> > migration to subversion.
> >
> > Unless the state of the repository is unstable, I'd like to migrate
> > everything ASAP.
> >

> Since HEAD seems to be in sync, I vote that we move to Subversion
> ASAP too.
>
> Can you do it, Santiago ?

Sorry for the late answer. I have been busy, I have a brand new DSL
almost fully working here.

I'll try to find some time tomorrow to get it done.

Regards

Re: M3 branch synchronisation ?

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
> SVN migration is much more important IMO, because it'll enable us to
> finally reorganise the repository as we want, especially making bridges
> an external artefact that can be released independantly of J2.

+1

Randy

Re: M3 branch synchronisation ?

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Ate Douma wrote:

> Well, Heads UP from me, although Raphael might want to commit his
> changes first
> before the migration.
> I myself am planning to commit some changes too but that can wait to
> after the migration.
> And then some classloader patches have come in (JS2-274) which we might
> want to commit
> soon (although I haven't reviewed them yet).
>
> So, I say: let us migrate at the earliest moment from now.

My changes can wait.
SVN migration is much more important IMO, because it'll enable us to
finally reorganise the repository as we want, especially making bridges
an external artefact that can be released independantly of J2.

The mailing-lists are ready, we just need to have the matching repository.

I think the portlet-api itself should also be an independant artefact
managed more by the pluto community since pluto is supposed to be the RI
for this API.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Santiago Gala wrote:
> El mar, 31-05-2005 a las 02:20 -0600, Randy Watler escribió:
>
>>Raphael,
>>
>>I am almost certain that the branch has been abandoned and the M3
>>release was done against HEAD.
>>
>>Randy
>>
>>Raphaël Luta wrote:
>>

>>>Can anyone tell me if the M3 branch has been merged back to the
>>>HEAD repository ?
>>>
>>>I have some commits to make but would not want to make merging more
>>>complicated so I'll hold off until merging is done.
>

> If you send a Heads UP after the merge, we can proceed with the
> migration to subversion.
>
> Unless the state of the repository is unstable, I'd like to migrate
> everything ASAP.
Well, Heads UP from me, although Raphael might want to commit his changes first
before the migration.
I myself am planning to commit some changes too but that can wait to after the migration.
And then some classloader patches have come in (JS2-274) which we might want to commit
soon (although I haven't reviewed them yet).

So, I say: let us migrate at the earliest moment from now.

Regards, Ate

Re: M3 branch synchronisation ?

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.
El mar, 31-05-2005 a las 02:20 -0600, Randy Watler escribió:
> Raphael,
>
> I am almost certain that the branch has been abandoned and the M3
> release was done against HEAD.
>
> Randy
>
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me if the M3 branch has been merged back to the
> > HEAD repository ?
> >
> > I have some commits to make but would not want to make merging more
> > complicated so I'll hold off until merging is done.

If you send a Heads UP after the merge, we can proceed with the
migration to subversion.

Unless the state of the repository is unstable, I'd like to migrate
everything ASAP.

Regards
Santiago. still waiting for Telefonica to install ADSL after 3 weeks,

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Raphael,