Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/24 23:25:53 UTC

Cassandra write path during the decommissioning process

Hello,

I would like to understand how the writes happen when there is a node in
the cluster that is being decommissioned.

During the decommission process, the node will send the streams to the rest
of the nodes that it owns. what happened to the read and write of the data
that is owned by the node that is being decommissioned? does it even
receive reads and writes or the nodes doesn't receive any writes?

Re: Cassandra write path during the decommissioning process

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jai Bheemsen Rao Dhanwada <ja...@gmail.com>.