Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com> on 2005/10/07 23:36:42 UTC

Re: OT: RE: Development philosophy and such

Rafael Nami wrote:

>If I can't learn it in 2 or 3 days, we don't adopt it.

If you can learn new technologies in 2-3 days you can afford to learn
most anything.

2-3 hrs: Do I care about this technology (right now)?
2-3 days: Can I implement a minimal example and get a feel for it?
2-3 weeks: Should I use this technology for new projects?
2-3 months: I am comfortable with this technology.
2-3 years: I am the Lizard King.

Dave

Re: OT: RE: Development philosophy and such

Posted by Rafael Nami <ra...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, my bad english was there: When I said I, that was the group ;).
Like I said, folks, I don't have ur experience YET, but someday I will ;).
(but of course you'll have MUCH MORE EXPERIENCE, but that's another OT
Thread ;)).

Best Regards and have a nice week everyone.

Rafael Mauricio Nami

2005/10/7, Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>:

> year number four: I am the Lizard King, but noone else uses it anymore :-)
>
> On 10/7/05, Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com> wrote:
> > Rafael Nami wrote:
> >
> > >If I can't learn it in 2 or 3 days, we don't adopt it.
> > >
> > If you can learn new technologies in 2-3 days you can afford to learn
> > most anything.
> >
> > 2-3 hrs: Do I care about this technology (right now)?
> > 2-3 days: Can I implement a minimal example and get a feel for it?
> > 2-3 weeks: Should I use this technology for new projects?
> > 2-3 months: I am comfortable with this technology.
> > 2-3 years: I am the Lizard King.
> >
> > Dave

Java - Assim no Server como no Palm
<i>Java - thus in the Server as it is in Palm

Re: OT: RE: Development philosophy and such

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.