Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Gavin Cornwell <gc...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/11 11:11:50 UTC

Problem with outputText in portlets

Hi,

We have a JSF app that runs as a portlet and normal webapp.

In the webapp the <h:outputText value="some text"/> appears as I would
expect however the same thing in the portlet gets rendered as:

When we try to do the following the above problem obviously causes a problem
as the JavaScript string contains the span HTML!!!

<script>
var text = "<h:outputText value='#{msg.click_add}'/>";

</script>

Is this something I have done wrong or is this a big in the portlet support?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Gavin